Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 Predictions for Week of 9/4?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D1 Predictions for Week of 9/4?

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/5/2017, 2:55 pm

Ok, I'll bite.

This is the week the "kingdom" begins to crumble.

Maybe a little biased but Sawyer to beat Stricker on Sat. In fact, I predict FCD Hedges beats Stricker on Weds. Not sure how Stricker's Team keeps winning. They are a good team but the "torch" is about ready to pass.

I give props to ODY and Castro...they seem to bring "game" every week and always ready for battle.

Bottom line, Sawyer wins D1 in Apr 2018. Boom...just called it.

Some of you non-believers may be questioning my facts but mark my word, the Kingdom is set to crumble. Who has the ability to play "real soccer" with Sawyer, not one team in D1.

Hail Solar 02B Sawyer!

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 Predictions for Week of 9/4?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/6/2017, 8:47 am

SoccerTruth wrote:Ok, I'll bite.

This is the week the "kingdom" begins to crumble.

Maybe a little biased but Sawyer to beat Stricker on Sat.  In fact, I predict FCD Hedges beats Stricker on Weds.  Not sure how Stricker's Team keeps winning.  They are a good team but the "torch" is about ready to pass.

I give props to ODY and Castro...they seem to bring "game" every week and always ready for battle.

Bottom line, Sawyer wins D1 in Apr 2018.  Boom...just called it.

Some of you non-believers may be questioning my facts but mark my word, the Kingdom is set to crumble.  Who has the ability to play "real soccer" with Sawyer, not one team in D1.

Hail Solar 02B Sawyer!

Good Luck with the idea (I also like Sawyer's effort this year), but if you think 50/50 boot and run vs direct is "Real Soccer" I suggest you focus on the short term goal of making the TOP 5 first.

The game against DTS showed that Sawyer is having trouble finishing (as is DTS) and that spells trouble against possession teams like Ody and Castro who will limit your direct attack oppprtunities. Defensively you are tops, but once again Ody and Castro have mids and forwards who are super accurate on goal and Flash is faster than anything you have seen so far. As for Castro he has an A-List roster that is prolly on edge waiting to blow somebody out in response to their Ody result so I would be less than surprised if that happens soon.

Stricker is just like Sawyer so I can see that game as an opportunity so long as you don't forget to put man child up top with your speedy forward so he can take pressure off the middle. Stricker is gonna hammer you all day but you have the size and can definitely take them on physically.

I am looking forward to watching games tonight, but I am not thinking that Stricker is coming away with anything less than a win and I dont expect Stricker to fall out of the top 5 at all.

The game of the night will be Ayses vs FCD Premier. This will be a great test for Ayses (who beat Sawyer 1-0) and has me wondering if this is the year the Ayses are ready to make a run at the top 5. Big fan of Olali and Nipper so this should be a very interesting game with pressure on both sides.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 9/6/2017, 11:48 am

Stricker 6 - 0 FCDG - To much for FCDG

FCDP 3 - 1 AYSES - I like FCDP in this one

DTS 1 - 3 Cruz Azul - After viewing the results of DTS last weekend, defense?

ODY 4 - 2 - LP RUSH - Not much to say here - easy win for ODY - even with a bad weekend as well...what happened to these two teams?

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/6/2017, 2:01 pm

NTssball wrote:
DTS   1 - 3 Cruz Azul - After viewing the results of DTS last weekend, defense?

OUCH!

DTS had a terrible weekend at SRPL, but it was prolly due to jet lag From the drive up there or perhaps it was being on the lookout for a possible tornado during the game and it was definitely because of bad officiating plus home town advantage. (Hangs Head)

It is possible that DTS learned a little something from the trip and has come back to town with a liitle more focus against Cruz Azul.

On a more positive note, Stricker gave the Oklahoma teams a good thrashing when they played.

cheers
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 9/6/2017, 4:18 pm

Ok will give my predictions...

Stricker 5 - 0 FCDG
FCDP 3 - 1 AYSES
DTS 2 - 2 Cruz Azul
ODY 3 - 1 - LP RUSH

FCD red 3 -1 FC Premier
D Kicks 5 -1 Liverpool hunt
DTFW 6 - 0 AP
RGP 2 - 1 NTX
DT Craft 3 - 1 Mex
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MMRJ on 9/6/2017, 5:31 pm

MMRJ
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 9/6/2017, 11:56 pm

Oh SoccerTruth, thanks for the comic relief.  The kingdom begins to crumble...that's funny.  FCDG never had a chance.  It took Solar Stricker all of 0:27 seconds to score the 1st of 8 goals which would have been 14-15 had the refs not assumed the SR forwards were offsides just because they flat out ran the FCDG defenders.  The left forward (Regional & National golden ball winner) had a hat trick & the right forward (former Odyssey scoring machine) also had a hat trick.  Kudos for the FCDG keeper for only letting in 8 goals after the shelling he took.  FCDG did have opportunities but the Solar defense doesn't give up goals easily.  The back line is pretty solid with Best XI center back, little Hercules & 3 other shut down backs guarding the ship.  Behind them awaits the Regional & National golden glove winning keeper.  FCDG will win their share of games this year but they were over matched tonight.  

Solar Stricker vs Solar Sawyer should be a good game on Saturday despite Sawyer being winless & having only scored 1 goal in 3 CL games.  I'm sure they gained a lot of confidence scoring 14 goals, getting to the semi finals & coming up short 4-3 against FCDP in the PLD tournament this past weekend.

DTS & Odyssey recovered from their disastrous SRPL losses in Oklahoma this past weekend.  DTS posted a solid 4-2 win over Cruz Azul. While Odyssey remained perfect in CL with a 4-0 victory over winless Liverpool Rush.  

Not sure how the Ayses vs FCDP game turned out.

SoccerTruth keep posting.  I love the confidence you have in your team.  We'll see you Saturday Very Happy

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/7/2017, 8:01 am

I think Stricker must have been watching the forum cause he put the pain on hedges with a big blowout that was meant to send a message. Hedges was overwhelmed by the Stricker attack and it could have been even worse. Like I said before, Stricker is a Top 5 guarantee and playing to win the top spot.

Odyssey did their usual 4 is enough to win and played Liverpool straight up. Odyssey was just too much for Liverpool to handle but they had a go at it and made the best of a tough situation.

DTS and Cruz Azul had moments of good team play interspersed with pugilism (mano y mano) and the game spiraled out of control with a lot of stoppage due to injury as scores got settled in real time on the pitch.

DTS found their ability to score goals again, but Cruz Azul came out to play and word to the wise, Cruz Azul's striker should NEVER be given any space whatsoever because he is a quality goal scorer and plays his shots with precision. The game was close and both sides played with all they had and then some, but DTS won 4-2

Ayses played a great game of possession soccer and showed that they are a quality side. Unfortunately for them FCDP has some really strong forwards and a punishing counter attack that creates one on one matchups that are usually going to be in FCDP's favor. It wasn't all one sided though and Ayses was able to put two goals in even though the strength of FCDP was too much to overcome. Kudos to the Ayses GK who made some great saves and helped keep them in it, he is definitely capable of making a difference in the outcome of future games.

Ayses may not be a Top 5 just yet but they aren't going anywhere but UP and I really like watching them play. The 4-2 result for FCDP was well earned because Ayses plays as a team and doesn't give up unearned goals. I look forward to watching this Ayses team improve as they play more games against the current top 5.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 9/7/2017, 10:15 am

Premiere League Fan
Love the in depth assessment my friend!

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/7/2017, 11:32 pm

Yo...Dragon Nation

You remarked that PLF provided an in depth assessment. Really?? It was well...ok.

You want some real analysis? Try this...

The Sawyer Juggernaut stops handing out charity wins and decides it's time. What time? Time to dethrone the "legends"...

Move aside my dear friends because you're about to be steam rolled.

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 9/8/2017, 12:14 pm

I guess we grow it good in Texas too; somebody is WAY out there!!! I think you may have done some steam rolling, or some kind of rolling??? Love the confidence though... Carry on...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 9/8/2017, 1:28 pm

LOL..I love it SoccerTruth. This makes the blog so much more fun : ) It's nice that we can all talk smack since we don't actually have to get on the field & play. My old bones would have a hard time running from touch line to touch line 1x. Anyway, it's going to be sunny, 9mph winds & 84 degrees at 2PM on Saturday. So the weather will be perfect. We'll see you tomorrow. Wear a yellow shirt so we can say hello Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/8/2017, 2:02 pm

SoccerTruth wrote:Yo...Dragon Nation

You want some real analysis?  Try this...

The Sawyer Juggernaut stops handing out charity wins and decides it's time.  What time?  Time to dethrone the "legends"...

Move aside my dear friends because you're about to be steam rolled.

Win or Lose I am gonna watch this game cause the way it's being hyped tells me that Sawyer is coming out "Guns a Blazing" against a "Fully Charged" Stricker team NOT ready to concede anything.

"let's get ready Ruuuuummmmble!" for this "Sabado Gigante" Main Event...(I am definitely gonna watch this game)

cheers
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 9/8/2017, 4:14 pm

Someone watched a few too many Connor McGregor press conferences. Evil or Very Mad

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/9/2017, 8:11 am

Hey Dragon Nation...

I love the wear a yellow shirt spin. I'm tempted...but as my "predictions" begin to become very much true...peeps will be asking me to pick winning lottery #s..."ain't" got no time for that.

However, I will be the very confident one standing tall knowing that the "crumbling sound" is getting louder for our dear D1 opponent today...and the others.

Ok...time to go...off to a few errands and then a WIN.

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scottallison1 on 9/9/2017, 6:06 pm

Thank you Soccertruth for providing the easiest two team talks Chris Stricker has ever had to give...

scottallison1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz on 9/9/2017, 6:39 pm

Solar Sawyer is 0-6-3 so far in CL over his 01, 02 and 03 teams. Who's kingdom is crumbling? I'm sure he can pad these stats with his stud 99's and maybe some wins from his stolen 01 team...

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/9/2017, 7:30 pm

Ouch...

Ok...the soccer Gods were not aligned today.

Round 2 goes to the Devil.

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/9/2017, 8:08 pm

Stricker 2 Sawyer 0 and the crumbling sound was a bit premature, but so was the idea of a Stricker blowout in a game that was nil at the half and saw two goals in rapid succession in the second then back to the struggle till the final whistle.

I thought Sawyer played Stricker well and nullified most of their strengths, but in the end I thought Stricker showed how to win in the face of adversity, so Yes Stricker won and Yes Stricker has the experience to pull out all the stops and find some goals.

All trash talking aside Stricker and Sawyer are well matched opponents and it could have easily been a draw, But it Wasn't and Stricker gets all the credit for making it so.

Odyssey struck 3-0 in the first half and Cruz Azul was left speechless and I could tell they were feeling the impending loss as Odyssey controlled everything and just dominated the pitch. In the second half they hit the 4-0 mark and went on autopilot till the final whistle. Cruz Azul's not so secret weapon was not allowed any working space the entire game so Cruz Azul should probably integrate their other offensive threats of which there are 3 and start mixing it up so the Top 3 can't  just roll on them like today. I like Cruz Azul's ability and I know they will have better games ahead.

Ayses totally put the damper on DTS today as they played their standard possession game and showed that they have an unlimited supply of tenacity. Of course they have some standouts and a particularly excellent player who appears to be a hybrid forward/winger/midfielder, but I will call him the Red Baron because he is a great playmaker and shows up wherever the ball is just in time to cause the opposing side a little grief as he flys in and nicks the ball from the opposing side.

DTS started off with an early score and IMO got comfortable nursing a 1-0 lead while making lots of good attacks, but still coming up scoreless while Ayses focused on staying in the game and winning on opportunity.

In the end it paid off when a last minute attack resulted in a PK opportunity that was well placed under serious pressure against the DTS GK who made a great attempt in the right direction, but just couldn't get there fast enough.

Final 1-1 with Kudos to Ayses for showing they are a quality side on the move. I think that DTS will benefit from the draw and probably learned a thing or two about Ayses and where they need to adjust in future games.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 9/15/2017, 8:05 am

Soccertruth, who is Sawyer going to beat this week?

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 8:31 am

Soccertruth you are becoming my favorite read so let's hear this week's predictions and don't hold anything back because your commentary is sometimes provocative, but it sets the stage for the weekend battle.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 9/15/2017, 8:44 am

PLF, what's your call for the weekend?

Castro continues to improve 3-1 over Ayses
FCDG 5-1 over Rush... Liverpool on its way to relegation.

Sawyers scoring drought in D1 ends 4-3 over Cruz Azul.
DTS VS FCDP- Sal has enough grit to keep this one close but ultimately FCDP begins its rhythm and pulls it out 3-2.

Odyssey-vs-Stricker should be the game to watch this weekend. Can Odyssey maintain its unbeaten streak in CL or do they sputter like they did in OK for SRPL? In the end Stricker will need everything it has to pull it out and ultimately the Ex-Odyssey scoring machine once removed from Stricker's team will provide the difference. Stricker 3-2

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 9:55 am

I Think Castro is a definite win, but a great challenge for a total possession team like Ayses who will be playing against a Solar Academy team that is curently at a level that Ayses is trying to attain in the future. Castro will play them straight up so if Ayses is unsure of where their weaknesses are then Castro will point them out during the game free of charge.

FCDG and Liverpool are playing a relegation match because Liverpool has run out of question mark wins and will need to show that they are a slow starter on the mend against a Gold Team that is the obvious favorite. D1 is cruel and winning keeps you here so Good Luck this weekend Liverpool I am crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Sawyer and Cruz Azul will prolly end in fisticuffs if they both decide to play physical or if the Cruz Azul defense gets cheeky with MC who doesn't understand what being physically pressured feels like, but sure knows how to dish it out if provoked.

If Sawyer partners MC up top with their speedster forward it will be a good game so long as they can defend Cruz Azul's superstar who must be contained unless you want to watch your GK swat at unreachable shots. If Cruz Azul mixes it up and uses their other attacking options it could be a really interesting game, but I haven't seen them unleashed yet so I give the advantage to Sawyer.

If FCDP gets through the DTS defense it will be game over unless DTS can start some high scoring, but I digress since FCDP is starting to play their game and the academy players are fully integrated into a more cohesive unit which prolly means the welcome mat is closed in their defensive third. I would like to think anything is possible so I am gonna take a wait and see approach on this one. (aka wimpy nebulous answer)

Odyssey is the only undefeated team other than Stricker (or the DTS draw factory) and I love what they are doing so let's keep it going. That being said Stricker 2.0 is about to play and I am thinking that they have awoken from their early soccer hiatus and want to prove in the first half of the season that they are the number 1 team. I will be watching this game closely to see what the top 3 is gonna look like. What makes this game exciting is that Stricker is a direct team playing Odyssey who is a total possession team.

Odds are that Stricker's direct style will have more shots on goal, but if Odyssey starts combining and gets their timing harmony this thing will be a shoot out and don't expect Odyssey to stop at 4.

Disclaimer* Stricker is the Striker factory so they CAN and HAVE shown a penchant for blowing up the back of the net.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/15/2017, 4:53 pm

Friends...

It has been a crazy week so sorry for my delayed insight...or should I say, Truth.

PLF's entertainment is certainly not lost in brevity

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth on 9/15/2017, 4:56 pm

What happened to my post...it got cut off.

Conspiracy!!

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: