Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 results & thoughts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D1 results & thoughts

Post by Dragon Nation on 9/24/2017, 7:06 pm

Any comments or thoughts on todays D1 games today?
Solar Stricker beat Liverpool 10-0.  3-0 at the half.  LP hung in as long as they could but with 2 subs they were undermanned & overwhelmed.  Kuddos to the LP keeper for some  nice saves.  Not much he could do on most of the goals.  IMO ECNL is not doing this team any favors.  Keep your heads up LP.

Any comments on this 1 or the others?

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 results & thoughts

Post by Forthegame4 on 9/24/2017, 7:24 pm

For the second time in a row FCD Premier beat Solar Sawyer 4-3, as always wild when these two teams meet. Can Sawyer pull it together over the next few weeks? They are on the edge of competing with the top teams. A little more team chemistry and they will be tough for anyone.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 9/24/2017, 7:27 pm

LP had their top players away for their ECNL game today. From what I use understand, the LP team today was the old LP Hunt team. Not that it would have made much of a difference, but maybe they would have given up less goals? Long road for this team. I am curious about the Ody FCD Hedges game, I was surprised by the 1-0 score.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 9/24/2017, 8:18 pm

Solar Castro tied DTS today 1-1
Castro dominated possession for most of the game but DTS plays defense as well as any team we have played. We missed a few goals that we should have scored but that is soccer.
DTS keeper made a few outstanding saves - and the two big defenders are disciplined on the back line. Should have scored more goals though - had the chances but didn't convert.

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxthebest on 9/26/2017, 11:46 pm

Any predictions for this week?

ntxthebest
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 9/27/2017, 5:18 am

Ayses 3 - LP 1
Cruz 0 - Castro 7
Sawyer 4 - FCD Gold 2
Ody 1 - DTS 1
FCD Premier 2 - Stricker 2

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxthebest on 9/27/2017, 10:50 am

Have a gut feeling that this weekend Liverpool will prove many wrong with a hard fought win against Ayses.

ntxthebest
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 9/30/2017, 11:31 pm

Pretty quiet in here.

Any thoughts on this weekends results?

Solar Stricker was beat by FCD Premier. Must have been a great game to watch.

Dallas Texans beating Odyssey 3-0. Kind of a surprise there. Figured it would be a tie due to the Texans defense.

Solar Castro spanking Cruz Azul. Yikes!

Ayces and Solar Sawyer get respectable wins today as well. No surprises on those games.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 10/2/2017, 11:56 am

After our game was out of hand I watched the SRPL/Classic League games.

The referee in the Stricker/FCDP game was definitely a distraction - but I felt FCDP played/wanted that game more. Stricker has to know that they are going to get the best from every team they play. I felt they weren't ready for this one. I did notice players (talented) that I had not seen on FCDP prior - I think they loaded up for this game.

DTS\ODY - Only saw a portion of the second half and it was spent mostly in the ODY side of the field - seemed like DTS wore them down and once the 1st goal was scored - I think ODY lost their shape on the defensive side and DTS had many chances. I didn't see any good chances for ODY but I was watching both games and may have missed some of them.

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 10/2/2017, 2:04 pm

NTssball wrote:After our game was out of hand I watched the SRPL/Classic League games.

The referee in the Stricker/FCDP game was definitely a distraction - but I felt FCDP played/wanted that game more. Stricker has to know that they are going to get the best from every team they play. I felt they weren't ready for this one. I did notice players (talented) that I had not seen on FCDP prior - I think they loaded up for this game.

DTS\ODY - Only saw a portion of the second half and it was spent mostly in the ODY side of the field - seemed like DTS wore them down and once the 1st goal was scored - I think ODY lost their shape on the defensive side and DTS had many chances. I didn't see any good chances for ODY but I was watching both games and may have missed some of them.

Wow!
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 10/8/2017, 5:59 pm

So did anyone see the FCD vs Solar Castro game?  3-2 so I imagine it was a battle.  I heard FCD didn't bring their dual roster/academy kids or whatever you choose to call them.  I also heard they had a few out on yellow cards.  What's the scoop?

Anyone get a good look at the Ayses vs Odyssey game?  I caught the tail end of it.  I saw ODY just miss a shot off the right post & heard they missed a PK.  

The 1st half of Cruz Azul vs Solar Stricker was a clinic on Cruz Azul defending by way of a fist full of Jersey & the 2nd half was virtual street fight.  When the dust cleared Cruz Azul finished with just 9 players on the field & a few yellow cards for both sides.  The fun ended with a small skirmish/shoving match as a parting gift.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/9/2017, 8:22 am

Dragon Nation wrote:So did anyone see the FCD vs Solar Castro game?  3-2 so I imagine it was a battle.  I heard FCD didn't bring their dual roster/academy kids or whatever you choose to call them.  I also heard they had a few out on yellow cards.  What's the scoop?

I saw most of the game. Was competitive. FCD seemed to have the same group of kids they have had in any other game I have seen them play. A strong group of kids, including at least 3 that were full-time DA kids last year (not necessarily at FCD). I have no idea who they brought the week prior.

There are no suspensions for accumulated cautions in 2017-2018 CL. Foul all you want.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 10/9/2017, 11:18 am

Number13 wrote:
Dragon Nation wrote:So did anyone see the FCD vs Solar Castro game?  3-2 so I imagine it was a battle.  I heard FCD didn't bring their dual roster/academy kids or whatever you choose to call them.  I also heard they had a few out on yellow cards.  What's the scoop?

I saw most of the game.   Was competitive.  FCD seemed to have the same group of kids they have had in any other game I have seen them play.   A strong group of kids, including at least 3 that were full-time DA kids last year (not necessarily at FCD).   I have no idea who they brought the week prior.

There are no suspensions for accumulated cautions in 2017-2018 CL.   Foul all you want.    

I don't believe this is correct - there are repercussions once you reach 7 yellow cards...

If, during the current year, a player has accumulated a total of 7 (seven) cards - meaning any combination of red and yellow cards totaling 7 (seven), he shall be immediately suspended pending a hearing with the Classic League A&D Committee and assessed a fine of $100.00 (payable to CCSAI).

If a player receives 3 (three) red cards, he shall be immediately suspended pending a hearing with the Classic League A&D Committee and assessed a fine of $100.00 (payable to CCSAI).

If a coach or assistant coach receives 3 (three) send offs, he shall be immediately suspended pending a hearing with the Classic League A&D Committee. Coaches will be assessed a fine of $100 for each red card (payable to CCSAI).

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview on 10/9/2017, 11:29 am

At the managers meeting it was explained that the hearing wouldn't happen like the next day, so you could count on missing at least one game independent of the hearing outcome

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/9/2017, 11:49 am

As the A&D Misconduct Cards section states, this year's rule change has done away with the suspensions specifically for accumulated cautions.    Yep, you are correct, you get in trouble if you are getting 7 total cards.   What kind of trouble?   Doesn't say, maybe you just give them $100 to buy dinner.    Very Happy   How many kids got 7 cards last year?   Zero in this age group.   Last year getting suspended for yellows was a real threat, not so much this year.  

Maybe I'm underestimating some kids, I guess a couple could have gotten to 7 last year if they hadn't been suspended 3 games for getting to 5 yellows.  

Nobody on FCD was suspended for their game against Castro.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 10/9/2017, 4:33 pm

Well, technically, if a player gets two yellows in same game they do miss the next game but a yellow here and a yellow there does not impact until that magic number of 7.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer GuRu on 10/10/2017, 10:56 am

I watched part of the FCD/Solar Castro and AYSES/ODY games. IF FCD could just get consistent with their performance they would be the team to beat this year. They played amazing against stricker the week before and against castro they played just OK. Hats off to castro team for sticking to their game plan of possession soccer. They really controlled the tempo of the game and it paid off. Entertaining game that's for sure.

Odyssey started off the game with a very nice early goal. Ayses came back and scored 2 goals in the first half. Ayses added another in the second half and Odyssey scored late in game and missed a PK. The game could have gone either way but I think Ayses earned the win. It was a great game to watch, both played possession soccer, both teams were disciplined and played at a fast pace. As usual the odyssey coach was very entertaining to watch... pacing and yelling at players.

while watching the second half of the Solar castro/FCD game I could see the Solar Stricker and Cruz Azul game going on and getting out of hand. Cruz Azul seemed pretty frustrated trying to keep up with the speed strckers team has. You know, Cruz Azul has some good individual talent but just don't play as a team. If they could ever get that fixed they could be a real threat.

Soccer GuRu
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 10/13/2017, 11:37 am

Well - here we are - right where it should be. The two best teams playing for first place after the Fall Season. I was impressed with the quality of play after the first nine games - Dallas Div 1 has to be right up there in par with the rest of the country - out of the top 6-8 teams it is VERY competitive which means you always have to bring your best game. So - here we go - good luck to everyone Sunday:

Castro 3 - Stricker 1     early goal causes Stricker to take chances.
Sawyer 2 - ODY 0         another VERY good game right up till the end.
Rush 0 - DTS 6             DTS playing some good soccer.
Cruz Azul 1 - FCDP 7     Will the # of yellow cards
                                  match the score is the real question???
Ayses 2 - FCDG 2          These two teams know each other well.

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 10/14/2017, 9:43 am

NTssball wrote:Well - here we are - right where it should be. The two best teams playing for first place after the Fall Season. I was impressed with the quality of play after the first nine games - Dallas Div 1 has to be right up there in par with the rest of the country - out of the top 6-8 teams it is VERY competitive which means you always have to bring your best game. So - here we go - good luck to everyone Sunday:

Castro 3 - Stricker 1     early goal causes Stricker to take chances.
Sawyer 2 - ODY 0         another VERY good game right up till the end.
Rush 0 - DTS 6             DTS playing some good soccer.
Cruz Azul 1 - FCDP 7     Will the # of yellow cards
                                  match the score is the real question???
Ayses 2 - FCDG 2          These two teams know each other well.

Castro 1 - Stricker 2     Stricker’s chances will be goals.
Sawyer 1 - ODY 2        Odyssey’s big guy up front will fire 2 well-placed rockets.
Rush 2 - DTS 2             “Tee Hee Hee”.
Cruz Azul 1 - FCDP 3     What yellow cards?!?!?
Ayses 4 - FCDG 0          Ayses will roll.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer GuRu on 10/14/2017, 10:03 am

I'm anxious to see the Castro/Stricker game. Either way going to be some good soccer. I agree on a stricker 2 castro 1 score. I see odyssey dropping another game. I can see Sawyer winning 2-1. The other three games are no brainers. DTS, Ayses and FCDP all win by good margins.

Soccer GuRu
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 10/14/2017, 11:43 am

I tend to agree with NTSSBALL. CASTRO Over Stricker 3-1. Stricker's team isn't quite looking like their 2016-17 campaign. Seems the new additions havent panned out the way Stricker thought and it has cost them already a few times this season.

Odyssey, FCDP, DTS, Ayses all win.

I don't know what you all see in Sawyer's team but they are a marginal squad at best with decent but pompous coaching IMO

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by robben on 10/14/2017, 11:00 pm

[quote="Onetouchpass"]I tend to agree with NTSSBALL. CASTRO Over Stricker 3-1. Stricker's team isn't quite looking like their 2016-17 campaign. Seems the new additions havent panned out the way Stricker thought and it has cost them already a few times this season.

Odyssey, FCDP, DTS, Ayses all win.

I don't know what you all see in Sawyer's team but they are a marginal squad at best with decent but pompous coaching IM

You are right, Sawyer's is a combination of the AS travel agent and some other LP's former coaches (also traveling)  ..
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 10/15/2017, 11:46 am

Solar Sawyer 4, Odyssey 2
Not bad for Sawyer being a marginal team.

I think Stricker best Castro from what I've heard.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/15/2017, 12:36 pm

booe817 wrote:

I think Stricker best Castro from what I've heard.

3-3
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 10/15/2017, 2:04 pm

1st FCD & now Castro...thanks Refs!!
Disappointing tie for Solar Stricker 3-3.  SR dominated the 1st half going up 2-0.  Should have been 5-0 but SR missed 2 great opportunities & had 1 goal called off for offsides.  Castro's team never quit.  Shortly after 1/2 time a Castro corner was cleared by SR but the wind took it to the middle of the field.  SR lost track of a player & paid for it, making it 2-1.  Soon after the SR right forward sprinted past the right back which pulled the keeper out, served a perfect ball across the 6 which was initially fumbled by SR but then finished perfectly by the SR midfielder making it 3-1.  Then the bad & non-calls started.  Castro was awarded a foul in the box on a complete flop (no one touched the kid).  The PK made it 3-2.  Soon after SR on the attacked got fouled 2X in the Castro box but no call!  1 of the SR players yells something at the ref who promptly gives him a straight red card.  Players have to be smarter than that.  SR playing with 10 gave Castro the help they needed.  With 3 mins left to play Castro evened the score 3-3 on a deflected shot into the corner of the SR goal.  Great game by both teams.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum