Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Shouting in Spanish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shouting in Spanish

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 10/16/2017, 8:46 pm

Why do coaches shout at their players in Spanish? Do these kids not understand English or does it please the parents when their kids get yelled at in their native tongue?

Maybe it has a bigger impact like coaches with English accents.......

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Shouting in Spanish

Post by Socceroo on 10/16/2017, 9:02 pm

It makes their parents feel better when they think their kid's coach is a foreigner....... as we all know Mexican coaches are wayyyyyy better than American/English coaches...    Rolling Eyes

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/17/2017, 2:16 pm

Is there an issue here? Sounds like someone may have a problem with Spanish.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/17/2017, 3:43 pm

I assume they shout in Spanish because that's the language they most frequently speak.   But I'm usually looking for the easy answer to a complicated problem.    There should be a wall constructed any day now to end this madness once and for all.

(note: wall comment is sarcasm. though I have a long list of white folks I would like to kick out of this country)
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/18/2017, 12:27 am

Number13 wrote:I assume they shout in Spanish because that's the language they most frequently speak.   But I'm usually looking for the easy answer to a complicated problem.    There should be a wall constructed any day now to end this madness once and for all.

(note: wall comment is sarcasm.  though I have a long list of white folks I would like to kick out of this 

One of us in this thread should definitely stay in "the other" side of the wall  Laughing

(note: sarcasm..... I don't want to have my butt kicked at a Richland College parking lot...)    Shocked

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by screenwriter74 on 10/18/2017, 8:07 am

My wife is Mexican (I am gringo). Hispanic kids (who speak English just fine) for the most part have grown up with their parents correcting and disciplining them in spanish, thus they seem to be a bit more responsive. I speak it pretty well myself and I will sometimes give instruction to Latino players on the field in Spanish--it works!

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/19/2017, 2:18 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Number13 wrote:I assume they shout in Spanish because that's the language they most frequently speak.   But I'm usually looking for the easy answer to a complicated problem.    There should be a wall constructed any day now to end this madness once and for all.

(note: wall comment is sarcasm.  though I have a long list of white folks I would like to kick out of this 

One of us in this thread should definitely stay in "the other" side of the wall  Laughing

(note: sarcasm..... I don't want to have my butt kicked at a Richland College parking lot...)    Shocked

Have some balls and just mention the person you think should be on the other side of the wall.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC-E-Rules on 10/21/2017, 6:20 pm

Socceroo wrote:It makes their parents feel better when they think their kid's coach is a foreigner....... as we all know Mexican coaches are wayyyyyy better than American/English coaches...    Rolling Eyes

Haha, I have always said that if I were ever to start a club I would need a sacrificial Brazilian head coach who could juggle the ball about 20 times and shout in Portuguese. Smile
AFC-E-Rules
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum