Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

This Sucks

Go down

This Sucks

Post by Uncleof05AP on 3/22/2018, 11:27 pm

It appears the Hebron v. Lewisville game became a little out of control: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/lewisville/2018/03/10/adult-player-arrested-after-melee-erupts-hebron-lewisville-soccer-game#_ga=2.238284035.280508727.1520811622-1129199949.1484787769

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: This Sucks

Post by don't bite me luis on 3/23/2018, 11:01 am

No disputing that the game got out of control and there is plenty of blame to go around.  Tension and frustration had been escalating almost from the first kick and with UIL/school district only providing two refs running the dual system, it didn't help.  They tried to reign it in late with lots of yellow cards, but it was too late.

Regarding the fight, if you watch the video you'll see that the players got it under control and teams were separated after 20-30 seconds of fighting, but it escalated significantly when the Lewisville dad alledgely ran on the field and allegedly punched a Hebron player (who was defenseless at the time because his teammates had wrapped him up and pulled him out of the fight). For me, I'm struggling to understand how the player gets charged with the same crime as the dad.  I'm not trying to rationalize or defend the player's actions, but they don't seem on the same level as the dad.  There has to be some additional level of punishment to discourage fans/parents from entering the field of play.  Let the coaches, refs, administration, security staff sort it out.  Parents stay in the stands!

On a somewhat related note, at least nobody was bitten...

Last edited by don't bite me luis on 3/23/2018, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to avoid any accusation of libel)
don't bite me luis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum