Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U 13/14 Academy around the corner.......

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

U 13/14 Academy around the corner.......

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/17/2013, 2:12 pm

As we wind down the Classic League season I wanted to start a discussion on the addition of the U 13/14 academy teams next contract. Just some questions to see what others think....

How will it impact the 01 group next year? This academy team will consist mainly of 99/00 boys? I belive many of the top D1(01) teams are loaded with 00 boys. Will many of the boys from Texans, Solar and FC Dallas leave their classic league teams? This is not a dual roster situation is it? (Did not mention Andromeda as they don't have a D1 team. I assume they will field a collection of independent boys and those not already in the Texasn, Solar or FC Dallas pool but want the academy experience)

Do you think there will be any 01 birth year boys that will try to play up in the Academy?

Has anybody heard about coaches for the 4 teams? How large the player pool will be?

You can go to the US Soccer site and click Academy U13/14 to see a video on the new program.

Nice win for FC Dallas today vs. Houston although it was not very pretty! Shocked

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: U 13/14 Academy around the corner.......

Post by Soccerinsanity on 3/17/2013, 5:29 pm

Some of them do dual roster...check out the complaints about 99 d1 Texans team trying to stay in d1 by using PA players.
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 3/17/2013, 5:49 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Some of them do dual roster...check out the complaints about 99 d1 Texans team trying to stay in d1 by using PA players.
lol!

although academy doesnt really dual roster anymore it was pre academy that did,well the texans did and that team is still in 9th place:affraid:
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 3/17/2013, 6:47 pm

Redbulls01 wrote:As we wind down the Classic League season I wanted to start a discussion on the addition of the U 13/14 academy teams next contract. Just some questions to see what others think....

How will it impact the 01 group next year? This academy team will consist mainly of 99/00 boys? I belive many of the top D1(01) teams are loaded with 00 boys. Will many of the boys from Texans, Solar and FC Dallas leave their classic league teams? This is not a dual roster situation is it? (Did not mention Andromeda as they don't have a D1 team. I assume they will field a collection of independent boys and those not already in the Texasn, Solar or FC Dallas pool but want the academy experience)

Do you think there will be any 01 birth year boys that will try to play up in the Academy?

Has anybody heard about coaches for the 4 teams? How large the player pool will be?

You can go to the US Soccer site and click Academy U13/14 to see a video on the new program.

Nice win for FC Dallas today vs. Houston although it was not very pretty! Shocked

Is travel outside DFW required.

Sure my bb is an 01 so what the heck.

Lol, guess I may try Andromeda since they are looking for independent kids.

Is there a cost, and give details

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! on 3/17/2013, 7:22 pm

Redbulls01 wrote:As we wind down the Classic League season I wanted to start a discussion on the addition of the U 13/14 academy teams next contract. Just some questions to see what others think....

as a parent of an 00 born player playing with the 01's i have been looking into this as well. what i have put together from talking to different people is that the u13/u14 academy teams next year will really be u14 teams. the u13's which will be the 00 born players will probably be playing u13 pre academy.

i have been told that there are very few 99 born players that play with 00s that are gettting significant playing time in any of the current pre-academy teams except maybe andromeda. it really doesn't look like any 00 born players playing with 01's will have a chance getting playing time on the u14 academy team next year.

as a matter of fact i have been told that the pool of 00's playing with 00's is pretty deep and that 00's playing with 01's will have a hard time seeing the field on the u13 pre academy team next year, much less playing with 99's on the u14 academy team.

anyone else heard the same or come to the same conclusion?

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/18/2013, 8:17 am

Se_la_perdio! wrote:

as a parent of an 00 born player playing with the 01's i have been looking into this as well. what i have put together from talking to different people is that the u13/u14 academy teams next year will really be u14 teams. the u13's which will be the 00 born players will probably be playing u13 pre academy.

i have been told that there are very few 99 born players that play with 00s that are gettting significant playing time in any of the current pre-academy teams except maybe andromeda. it really doesn't look like any 00 born players playing with 01's will have a chance getting playing time on the u14 academy team next year.

as a matter of fact i have been told that the pool of 00's playing with 00's is pretty deep and that 00's playing with 01's will have a hard time seeing the field on the u13 pre academy team next year, much less playing with 99's on the u14 academy team.

anyone else heard the same or come to the same conclusion?

Should be pretty cut and dry.

99's will be u14.
00's will be u13.

Doubt there will be dual rostering allowed...as it is with preacademy now.

Unless they allow for designated players (guest players) as they do for the older DA teams.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 9:09 am

there are plenty of Pre Academy kids dual rostering. Its the AL that doesn't dual roster. AL only allows players to guest play a limited number of games before they are considered AL players.

Not so cut and dry. Regardless of what we are saying here, the new AL is a u13/14 team so could have both age groups. The u13 and u15 pre academy looks like it will be used to backfill the academy league teams and as a holding spot for those who cannot make the AL squad. So regardless of how they are trying to wrap that package for you AL team is u15/16 and u13/14 now of course not everyone can make the AL team and if you can't they have kept a home for you and it's called pre academy.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/18/2013, 9:46 am

go99 wrote:there are plenty of Pre Academy kids dual rostering. Its the AL that doesn't dual roster. AL only allows players to guest play a limited number of games before they are considered AL players.

Not so cut and dry. Regardless of what we are saying here, the new AL is a u13/14 team so could have both age groups. The u13 and u15 pre academy looks like it will be used to backfill the academy league teams and as a holding spot for those who cannot make the AL squad. So regardless of how they are trying to wrap that package for you AL team is u15/16 and u13/14 now of course not everyone can make the AL team and if you can't they have kept a home for you and it's called pre academy.

Seems like I read somewhere that they would have single year age groups for both u13 and u14. Has that changed?

Personally I think there should be single year teams (DA) for both u15 and u16. Reason is obvious. There's still a substantial physical difference between a 15 yr old and a 16 yr old.

And it seems that everywhere else, academies have single year age groups up until or even through u17. Then they have u19 and u21 teams.

Of course, it is common practice to play the top players up an age group. But the important thing is that a player needs the right mix of challenging games and what I call 'training' games.

So, for a younger player in DA I think having enough quality playing time becomes an issue.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 10:01 am

Well it's not coming from the academy. They are dual age groups and the academy is even encouraging them to play players up. The physical difference really matters between ages (when you play a physical game) The dual age group does put some players in a situation where they can't just use there physical size to succeed. The big U13 bully may find he is not so big with the U14 and be forced to add a few more tools to the toolbox. A big U14 bully will find himself in the same situation the next season. As far as playing time goes there are things such as the 25% start time rule and limits on substitution.

So yes I also heard about it going single year. Started hearing that right about the time I heard PA would still be around. Don't know if thats worried parents affraid that they would be forced back into CL using the PA justification to shield their ego or from the local clubs changing the wording so they can expand their revenue base and cater better to ego of their client base. "You didn't make the academy team but we will put you on the pre academy and see how it goes." doesn't sound as good as "thats the u14 academy team and you are 13 so you will be on the 13 "pre" academy.

Why do they call it "pre" academy anyway? It has no connection to the Academy League at all. I hear FIFA is starting the international post academy super elite development league next year. It doesn't start until next year though from u16 up. 1 team per club with only the top clubs getting an invite.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside on 3/18/2013, 10:36 am

Just like the previous posters have said, and if you watch the webinar that you mentioned on ussoccer.org
U13/U14 Academy will be players born in 99 or 00. Obviously, the majority of the roster will be 99s with some 00s sprinkled in. USSF does encourage playing up, but that is really the exception. I doubt it will impact your CL 01 team as those boys are late birth month 00s. What will impact your current CL 01 team is U13 Pre Academy.

The other thing I found interesting is the slide on the webinar that mentioned no outside playing at ALL except for Nat'l team camps. HN has told his group that U13/U14 will allow high school soccer. He then cautioned them that they could "change their minds" in August. Notice that August date (after signing). I smell a rat.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 10:42 am

yes that part is clear this is designed for SOCCER FOCUSED players. There is no outside sport allowed. Regardless of what the honorable an nobel HN says. I hear that if you sign wih the texans it includes training at Manchester United in england. The details will be finalized sometime in August also
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/18/2013, 10:59 am

go99 wrote:yes that part is clear this is designed for SOCCER FOCUSED players. There is no outside sport allowed. Regardless of what the honorable an nobel HN says. I hear that if you sign wih the texans it includes training at Manchester United in england. The details will be finalized sometime in August also

And don't forget those hefty transfer fees the clubs will be raking in when they sign with foreign clubs.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic on 3/18/2013, 11:18 am

Curious how the Clubs are paying for the AL now. In the past, 3 years ago:
FC Dallas was free including travel
Texans was free I think players paid travel
Andromeda players paid $1,000 and paid for their own travel
Solar was free but players paid for travel

With the inclusion of U14 AL that is more out of pocket for the Clubs that comp Academy.

Has any club fees reached $3,000 yet?
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 3/18/2013, 11:38 am

The money comes from the parents, USSF, parents (I think I counted twice) and transfer of players Laughing to professional teams. "Sponsorship" is limited and coaches need to get paid and facilities have an upkeep.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 11:41 am

[quote="NTskeptic"]Curious how the Clubs are paying for the AL now.

It's called plano premier and arlington premier Laughing
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 3/18/2013, 11:58 am

And the classic league parents too.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman on 3/18/2013, 2:27 pm

go99 wrote:Well it's not coming from the academy. They are dual age groups and the academy is even encouraging them to play players up. The physical difference really matters between ages (when you play a physical game) The dual age group does put some players in a situation where they can't just use there physical size to succeed. The big U13 bully may find he is not so big with the U14 and be forced to add a few more tools to the toolbox. A big U14 bully will find himself in the same situation the next season. As far as playing time goes there are things such as the 25% start time rule and limits on substitution.

So yes I also heard about it going single year. Started hearing that right about the time I heard PA would still be around. Don't know if thats worried parents affraid that they would be forced back into CL using the PA justification to shield their ego or from the local clubs changing the wording so they can expand their revenue base and cater better to ego of their client base. "You didn't make the academy team but we will put you on the pre academy and see how it goes." doesn't sound as good as "thats the u14 academy team and you are 13 so you will be on the 13 "pre" academy.

Why do they call it "pre" academy anyway? It has no connection to the Academy League at all. I hear FIFA is starting the international post academy super elite development league next year. It doesn't start until next year though from u16 up. 1 team per club with only the top clubs getting an invite.

LOL!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/18/2013, 3:03 pm

I think preacademy was something the da member clubs and US Club Soccer came up with. Essentially a new league that would 'pool' the top players to 'get them ready' for DA as they get older.

And creating a new league/competition in order to justify it,

Now that da is dropping down to include u13/14 I really fail to see the point in PA anymore.

Certainly don't see a need for pa at u11/12.

But I'm sure there's a 'market' for it.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/18/2013, 3:38 pm

Actually Pre-Academy for U11 (01's) and U12 (00's)has been a pretty good experience. Boys still play for their regular club teams and have the opportunity to play 6-10 extra games and participate in 15 or so extra practices. Basically no cost involved at all when you compare it to playing in Classic League. Also nice for them to work with different players within the club and a variety of coaches to get different perspectives.

Remember Solar, FC Dallas and Andromeda did not particiapte in the acutal league like the Texans. So the experience was very laid back. All did participate in one tournament hosted by the Texans so matched up against some Houston teams.

Currently I would give it a thumbs up. The idea to do it on the side by 3 of the clubs was a good decision I think.

Just my 2 cents......

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 3:40 pm

I was told a new clud listing for the Development Academy was supposed to be released today on their website. It should have a listing of the new clubs that have been added to u13/14 academy. Nothing up yet and I am about out of time to watch for it so somebody keep an eye out for it and share.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/18/2013, 5:23 pm

go99 wrote:I was told a new clud listing for the Development Academy was supposed to be released today on their website. It should have a listing of the new clubs that have been added to u13/14 academy. Nothing up yet and I am about out of time to watch for it so somebody keep an eye out for it and share.

No 'new' clubs in Texas.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/18/2013, 9:01 pm

SON OF A Bet thats not gonna be good
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 3/18/2013, 10:32 pm

I guess that show TX what they think of our soccer players?Sad
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 3/19/2013, 8:55 am

Politics.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 3/19/2013, 9:05 am

It could just mean the other regions are actively engaged in the decision making while our local NTX and STX representatives are passive. Or perhaps our representatives believe the current local club count is sufficient.

Does having more teams dilute the quality or expand the pool of quality clubs?
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum