Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U 13/14 Academy around the corner.......

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U 13/14 Academy around the corner.......

Post by PG-Boy on 3/19/2014, 9:46 am

I've drafted a bit of a post season write-up that I'll share next week after the last set of games are completed. It will cover some of the points your reference.

PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/19/2014, 10:49 am

PG-Boy wrote:I've drafted a bit of a post season write-up that I'll share next week after the last set of games are completed. It will cover some of the points your reference.

So going by your predictions you have solar red and craft relegated? The wrinkle in all this is which dual rostered kids magically show up for premier, craft, che and solar red to play....

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/19/2014, 10:55 am

I do not think at this point PA players can help? The time to use the new "PLAYER PASS" is over.

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/19/2014, 10:56 am

Redbulls01 wrote:I do not think at this point PA players can help? The time to use the new "PLAYER PASS" is over.
I think if the boys are "rostered" they can play....

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! on 3/19/2014, 12:04 pm

Redbulls01 wrote:
Se_la_perdio! wrote:So back to my original question... How does this affect the landscape of Classic League soccer 01 level next contract?

Let me use FC Dallas as my example. I assume FC Dallas (Gentile and Premier) are loaded with 00 boys. I think many of them participate in the residency program. So I have to believe the the majority if not all will now move into the U13/14 Academy pool correct? The same thing is going to happen with the Texans correct? Solar has a much smaller pool at the 01 level not sure what their 99's look like currently? Andromeda does not have anybody in the 01 pool at the D1 level and their D2 team is walking the relegation tight rope currently. (With high winds and rain coming quickly)

you are still not getting it.  the new u13/u14 development academy team is not going to affect  the 01’s at all.  let me show you why not by breaking down the current u15/u16 development academy teams in ntx:

fcd has 36 players on roster.  29 are u16s (96’s), 6 are u15’s (97’s), and 1 is a u14 player (98’s).  only 3 of the u15’s (97’s) on roster play.  the 98 does no play.

solar has 27 players on roster. 17 are u16 (96’s) and 10 are u15’s (97’s).  only one of the u15’s (97’s) on roster plays  

texans has 23 players on roster. 19 are u16’s (96’s) and 4 are u15’s (97’s).  all 4 of the u15’s (97’s) play consistently.

andromeda has 28 players on roster. 19 are u16’s (96’s) and 9 are u15’s (97’s).  only one of the u15’s (97’s) on roster plays.

in comparison, on the new u13/u14, u14s (99’s) would be the equivalent of u16s (96’s), u13s (00’s) would be the equivalent of u15s (97’s), and u12’s (01’s) would be the equivalent of the u14s (98’s).

when you add all those players together 74% of the players are u16s (96’s), 25% are u15s (97’s), and only 1% are u14s (98s). if they follow the same pattern, the u13/u14 development academy team next year will be made up of 74% u14s (99’s), 25% u13s (00’s) and only 1% will be u12’s (01’s).

now do you understand why this new u13/u14 development academy team will not affect the 01’s?

I also assume many 00's and 01's that are interested in Academy will look to Pre Academy U13 to get ready for the following. 24 games with an uptick in commitment.

Again just curious has in my eyes there is about to be a huge change to 01 soccer as we currently know it.
the big change this upcoming year will be to the 00 age group. as you can see from above, 25% of the players in the u13/u14 development academy team will come from this pool.  they will also have to fill out the u13 pre academy rosters, which will be anywhere from 18 players to 25 players on each roster.

i don’t have the numbers for the current u13 pre-academy teams, but I believe only a handful of 99’s were playing with 00’s. so that leads me to believe that most of the players on the u13 pre-academy team next year will come from 00’s playing with the 00 age group not the 01 age group.

so we can relax, the big change to the 01 is still another year away for us.

Wanted to go back and revisit this post/thread.  Many people thought the 01 group would not be affected including Se_la_perdio who as quoted above did not think I got it?  Based on the current standings and possible relegation of  some combination of Solar Red, FC Dallas (Che), Texans (Craft) and FC Dallas Premier I would say DA and PA have had a huge effect on Classic League at the 01 level.

Moving forward you will have 2 clubs fully funding the DA academy (FC Dallas/Andromeda).  It appears the changes will keep coming.  What becomes of the 2 teams listed above that are relegated to D2?  Do many of their players look to PA or DA to continue their development?  Does the same fate await the 02 group or are the clubs going to make changes to stem the tide..........

you are trying to twist my words to try and support your argument.

i was answering your direct question of how the u13/u14 development academy teams would affect the 01 cl teams which i have highlighted above in green.

da has not had a huge effect on cl 01.  you were implying that there would be 01 players going into these teams, which they did not.   

here are the links to each of the u13/u14 development academy teams in ntx, so you can check them yourself:

fcd - http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/61519381-61445170/TEAM.html
dt - http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/61519378-61445170/TEAM.html
solar - http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/61519390-61445170/TEAM.html
andro - http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/61519372-61445170/TEAM.html

fcd has a total of 2 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  both of those 00 players  played cl 00, none from cl 01
dt has a total of 1 player that was born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  that one 00 player played cl 00, none from cl 01
solar has a total of 0 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  none from cl 01
andro has a total of 3 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  two of those 00 players played cl 00. 1 player from cl 01

so i stand by what i said.  the total impact from the u13/u14 development academy teams in ntx to the the cl 01 teams was 1 player.  

now did many 01 cl players move to pre-academy teams possibly they did and honestly probably more than i expected but they don't publish the rosters on tepal so that it can be verified.

i have provided you with information that can be verified to support my claim.  can you tell us how many players from each of the teams you have listed moved on to pre-academy to support your theory?  maybe pg can help us here since he seems to be way more plugged in than many of us.  until then why can't you contribute the declines in the standings for the teams you have mentioned to other teams getting better?

i still think that you will see another bigger impact to the 01 this coming season than we saw this year.  the question will be if sporting, wizards & texas lightning can keep their teams in tact.  if not, you will see the teams from the big 3 clubs climb back up.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 3/19/2014, 12:06 pm

Redbulls01 wrote:
Se_la_perdio! wrote:So back to my original question... How does this affect the landscape of Classic League soccer 01 level next contract?

Let me use FC Dallas as my example. I assume FC Dallas (Gentile and Premier) are loaded with 00 boys. I think many of them participate in the residency program. So I have to believe the the majority if not all will now move into the U13/14 Academy pool correct? The same thing is going to happen with the Texans correct? Solar has a much smaller pool at the 01 level not sure what their 99's look like currently? Andromeda does not have anybody in the 01 pool at the D1 level and their D2 team is walking the relegation tight rope currently. (With high winds and rain coming quickly)

you are still not getting it.  the new u13/u14 development academy team is not going to affect  the 01’s at all.  let me show you why not by breaking down the current u15/u16 development academy teams in ntx:

fcd has 36 players on roster.  29 are u16s (96’s), 6 are u15’s (97’s), and 1 is a u14 player (98’s).  only 3 of the u15’s (97’s) on roster play.  the 98 does no play.

solar has 27 players on roster. 17 are u16 (96’s) and 10 are u15’s (97’s).  only one of the u15’s (97’s) on roster plays  

texans has 23 players on roster. 19 are u16’s (96’s) and 4 are u15’s (97’s).  all 4 of the u15’s (97’s) play consistently.

andromeda has 28 players on roster. 19 are u16’s (96’s) and 9 are u15’s (97’s).  only one of the u15’s (97’s) on roster plays.

in comparison, on the new u13/u14, u14s (99’s) would be the equivalent of u16s (96’s), u13s (00’s) would be the equivalent of u15s (97’s), and u12’s (01’s) would be the equivalent of the u14s (98’s).

when you add all those players together 74% of the players are u16s (96’s), 25% are u15s (97’s), and only 1% are u14s (98s). if they follow the same pattern, the u13/u14 development academy team next year will be made up of 74% u14s (99’s), 25% u13s (00’s) and only 1% will be u12’s (01’s).

now do you understand why this new u13/u14 development academy team will not affect the 01’s?

I also assume many 00's and 01's that are interested in Academy will look to Pre Academy U13 to get ready for the following. 24 games with an uptick in commitment.

Again just curious has in my eyes there is about to be a huge change to 01 soccer as we currently know it.
the big change this upcoming year will be to the 00 age group. as you can see from above, 25% of the players in the u13/u14 development academy team will come from this pool.  they will also have to fill out the u13 pre academy rosters, which will be anywhere from 18 players to 25 players on each roster.

i don’t have the numbers for the current u13 pre-academy teams, but I believe only a handful of 99’s were playing with 00’s. so that leads me to believe that most of the players on the u13 pre-academy team next year will come from 00’s playing with the 00 age group not the 01 age group.

Wanted to go back and revisit this post/thread.  Many people thought the 01 group would not be affected including Se_la_perdio who as quoted above did not think I got it?  Based on the current standings and possible relegation of  some combination of Solar Red, FC Dallas (Che), Texans (Craft) and FC Dallas Premier I would say DA and PA have had a huge effect on Classic League at the 01 level.

Moving forward you will have 2 clubs fully funding the DA academy (FC Dallas/Andromeda).  It appears the changes will keep coming.  What becomes of the 2 teams listed above that are relegated to D2?  Do many of their players look to PA or DA to continue their development?  Does the same fate await the 02 group or are the clubs going to make changes to stem the tide..........

Unfortunately the two teams that are relegated to D2 will lose players to PA/DA (PA will claim those borrowed players back and welcome new ones); the teams will also lose players due to now 'being in D2' (you know...parents' ego). Some of the relegated teams may disappear entirely (kids would rather play other sports).....heard of a coach of one of the teams above who has put in his '2 weeks notice'.... cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/19/2014, 12:26 pm

[/quote]I also assume many 00's and 01's that are interested in Academy will look to Pre Academy U13 to get ready for the following. 24 games with an uptick in commitment.

so we can relax, the big change to the 01 is still another year away for us.[/quote]

Moving forward you will have 2 clubs fully funding the DA academy (FC Dallas/Andromeda).  It appears the changes will keep coming.  What becomes of the 2 teams listed above that are relegated to D2?  Do many of their players look to PA or DA to continue their development?  Does the same fate await the 02 group or are the clubs going to make changes to stem the tide..........[/quote]

i was answering your direct question of how the u13/u14 development academy teams would affect the 01 cl teams which i have highlighted above in green.

da has not had a huge effect on cl 01.  you were implying that there would be 01 players going into these teams, which they did not.   

here are the links to each of the u13/u14 development academy teams in ntx, so you can check them yourself:

fcd has a total of 2 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  both of those 00 players  played cl 00, none from cl 01
dt has a total of 1 player that was born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  that one 00 player played cl 00, none from cl 01
solar has a total of 0 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  none from cl 01
andro has a total of 3 players that were born in 00 all their other players were born in 99.  two of those 00 players played cl 00. 1 player from cl 01

so i stand by what i said.  the total impact from the u13/u14 development academy teams in ntx to the the cl 01 teams was 1 player.  

now did many 01 cl players move to pre-academy teams possibly they did and honestly probably more than i expected but they don't publish the rosters on tepal so that it can be verified.

i have provided you with information that can be verified to support my claim.  can you tell us how many players from each of the teams you have listed moved on to pre-academy to support your theory?  maybe pg can help us here since he seems to be way more plugged in than many of us.  until then why can't you contribute the declines in the standings for the teams you have mentioned to other teams getting better?

i still think that you will see another bigger impact to the 01 this coming season than we saw this year.  the question will be if sporting, wizards & texas lightning can keep their teams in tact.  if not, you will see the teams from the big 3 clubs climb back up.[/quote]

Not really sure how I am twisting your words?  As per the above I mentioned Pre-Academy also would be part of the great change in the 01 group.  So based on the last little bit above you think Solar Red, Texans Craft (Combination of 2 teams from Texan the year before) FC Dallas (CHE) and FC Dallas Premier are the same teams as last year they just got that much worse or Sporting, Wizards and Lighting got that much better?  Really?  That is just stupid.....and no I don't have access to names, rosters, etc. I am just smart enough to put that together in my head.

You are correct on DA making a difference at the 00 level but that was obvious, look no further than the Andromeda Wells team that was the Classic League D1 champ last year and this year is moving down to D2.  My main point is times are a changing, you are safe from DA/PA the 1st and 2nd year of Classic League but from then on things change quickly. Will that change moving forward?  Not sure how you stop it really.

I am also very interested to see the movement from Wizards, Sporting, Lightning this off season as you mentioned above.  Will the pull of fully funded Andromeda DA teams draw players that did not make or try out for FC Dallas?  Has anybody heard if Solar or the Texans are going to follow suit and fully fund their DA program to pull more players?  I think there is so much more to come, just can't wait to see it all play out.

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 3/19/2014, 1:37 pm

so we can relax, the big change to the 01 is still another year away for us.[/quote]

Moving forward you will have 2 clubs fully funding the DA academy (FC Dallas/Andromeda).  It appears the changes will keep coming.  What becomes of the 2 teams listed above that are relegated to D2?  Do many of their players look to PA or DA to continue their development?  Does the same fate await the 02 group or are the clubs going to make changes to stem the tide..........[/quote]

i still think that you will see another bigger impact to the 01 this coming season than we saw this year.  the question will be if sporting, wizards & texas lightning can keep their teams in tact.  if not, you will see the teams from the big 3 clubs climb back up.[/quote]

Not really sure how I am twisting your words?  As per the above I mentioned Pre-Academy also would be part of the great change in the 01 group.  So based on the last little bit above you think Solar Red, Texans Craft (Combination of 2 teams from Texan the year before) FC Dallas (CHE) and FC Dallas Premier are the same teams as last year they just got that much worse or Sporting, Wizards and Lighting got that much better?  Really?  That is just stupid.....and no I don't have access to names, rosters, etc. I am just smart enough to put that together in my head.

You are correct on DA making a difference at the 00 level but that was obvious, look no further than the Andromeda Wells team that was the Classic League D1 champ last year and this year is moving down to D2.  My main point is times are a changing, you are safe from DA/PA the 1st and 2nd year of Classic League but from then on things change quickly. Will that change moving forward?  Not sure how you stop it really.

I am also very interested to see the movement from Wizards, Sporting, Lightning this off season as you mentioned above.  Will the pull of fully funded Andromeda DA teams draw players that did not make or try out for FC Dallas?  Has anybody heard if Solar or the Texans are going to follow suit and fully fund their DA program to pull more players?  I think there is so much more to come, just can't wait to see it all play out.
[/quote]

http://npltexas.demosphere.com/schedules/2013-2014/63173958.html

the pull from classic 01 boys came in the form of the u12 pre academies (u12 pre academy is made up of jan 1-dec 31st, 2001 birth dates)
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/19/2014, 1:53 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:I also assume many 00's and 01's that are interested in Academy will look to Pre Academy U13 to get ready for the following. 24 games with an uptick in commitment.

[/quote]

the pull from classic 01 boys came in the form of the u12 pre academies (u12 pre academy is made up of jan 1-dec 31st, 2001 birth dates) [/quote]

Actually the U13 Pre Academy probably had a bigger impact as most 2001 Division 1 teams were loaded with the older boys. (August 1st - Dec 31st 2000) Yes the U12 PA pulled some but not as many 01's, they actually pulled a good number of 02 classic league boys.

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT on 3/20/2014, 12:02 pm

Redbulls01 wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:I also assume many 00's and 01's that are interested in Academy will look to Pre Academy U13 to get ready for the following. 24 games with an uptick in commitment.

[/quote]

the pull from classic 01 boys came in the form of the u12 pre academies (u12 pre academy is made up of jan 1-dec 31st, 2001 birth dates) [/quote]

Actually the U13 Pre Academy probably had a bigger impact as most 2001 Division 1 teams were loaded with the older boys. (August 1st - Dec 31st 2000) Yes the U12 PA pulled some but not as many 01's, they actually pulled a good number of 02 classic league boys.[/quote]

My son played last season with the FCD that finish on 2nd place and the whole team became 01's PA mostly also the most of 00's from FCD premiere move to the PA team
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum