Soccerinsanity (1179)

soccerisgood123 (1151)

The German (1123)

Axxman (1117)

Plano Premier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plano Premier

Post by Guest on 7/30/2013, 4:59 pm

Does Odyssey still have an 02 team?  I have not seen them around this summer after QT, and their website does not seem to list them (unless I missed it).

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Premier

Post by Sprint on 7/30/2013, 5:07 pm

snjn1ab wrote:Does Odyssey still have an 02 team?  I have not seen them around this summer after QT, and their website does not seem to list them (unless I missed it).

I don't think so. It is my understanding the team split and the kids have landed on several different teams. A lot of good players that moved to teams and will help them out. I think some went to a D1 Classic Team and a few with Plano teams.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 7/30/2013, 5:12 pm

I dont see them either scratch 

http://odyssey.cornerkicksystems.com/page/show/733743-select-teams

And i guess the above reason is why. cheers 

Last edited by tpitty on 7/30/2013, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The above poster has Chuck Norris typing skills.)

tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socBall02 on 7/30/2013, 5:16 pm

It was a big disappointment after they didn't make the QT. They should have won all three games, and made it to the next round. But confident was low, and not playing as a team killed their chance. I think it is mainly the coach to blame. Who should you fire when your team don't make the play off? The coach!

socBall02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/30/2013, 5:42 pm

Thanks for sharing. That's a shame, because I thought that they had a lot of quality on that team. So, that means the top 5 teams (and 6 of the top 7) in PPL will not be returning. The PPL team that picked up the boys should be a strong one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 8/1/2013, 1:31 am

Who was the coach of that team? Was it Paddy Gallagher? If so, the kids probably went to other teams because the parents probably got tired of watching him get into fights on the sidelines.

Beast_04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents on 8/1/2013, 11:02 am

Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/1/2013, 12:06 pm

Cecil Noyce was the '02 boys coach. He seems a likable guy, sometimes the results don't fall in your favor and things fall apart.

Number13
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock&Goal on 8/1/2013, 12:31 pm

Could not get enough players after several left. Players really liked the coach and were sad to go.

Rock&Goal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 8/1/2013, 2:19 pm

Rock&Goal wrote:Could not get enough players after several left. Players really liked the coach and were sad to go.

That is unfortunate. They had a good squad.

Last edited by tpitty on 8/1/2013, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Atrocious spelling and grammar...like honey boo boo)

tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 8/2/2013, 10:10 am

socBall02 wrote:It was a big disappointment after they didn't make the QT. They should have won all three games, and made it to the next round. But confident was low, and not playing as a team killed their chance. I think it is mainly the coach to blame. Who should you fire when your team don't make the play off? The coach!    

IMHO, systemic problem and not any specific coach. Look at club history on the boys side starting with 99s (same fate as 02s)....00s this year saw an exodus of players to other clubs...01s (don't have much info on them), 02s now gone, 03s (exception for now), 04s struggling with retention....time to root cause problem?.....my .02

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/2/2013, 10:54 am

At some point most teams everywhere will likely have a setback (not make CL, fail to get a win in 6 or 7 games, get relegated, lose your best player who has stars in eyes, etc) and you will lose some kids. If you develop some very good players, the bigger clubs will try to get those players. If you are a small one-team (per age group) club that is not centrally located its difficult to replace players in those circumstances. That is just one of the realities of youth soccer in DFW. I doubt its a gypy's curse or anything nefarious.

Number13
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/4/2013, 10:35 pm

Any insight as to the updated byes or the PPL QT registered teams?

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 8/5/2013, 1:40 pm

snjn1ab wrote:Any insight as to the updated byes or the PPL QT registered teams?

It is going to be a bid system for the byes. I sent a fruit basket and some Johnny Football "alleged" illegal autographs over there for top priority. Shocked

Last edited by tpitty on 8/5/2013, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : He is innocent until proven guilty...sincerely Reveille)

tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 8/5/2013, 11:54 pm

my2cents wrote:Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

He personally verbally attacked me for trying to get the ball from our game off of the field where his team was playing, in front of the kids, including using profanity.  If he were to talk to me like that anywhere else he would have had difficulty talking at all for a while, but in front of the kids I turned the other cheek.  The ref actually ejected him from the game for cursing at me and the ref in front of the kids.  Just may have never happened at your BB games.

Beast_04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents on 8/6/2013, 11:20 am

Beast_04 wrote:
my2cents wrote:Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

He personally verbally attacked me for trying to get the ball from our game off of the field where his team was playing, in front of the kids, including using profanity.  If he were to talk to me like that anywhere else he would have had difficulty talking at all for a while, but in front of the kids I turned the other cheek.  The ref actually ejected him from the game for cursing at me and the ref in front of the kids.  Just may have never happened at your BB games.

So he "personally verbally attacked " you for going on the field of play where you had absolutely no right or justifiable reason to be. Translation, I went on the fied of another game in progress to get a ball which should have been left for a player to clear. For this the coach of that game chewed your ass out. By your own statement if it were anywhere else you would have resorted to physical violence. And you are chatising him???scratch  Too funny! Razz 

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 8/6/2013, 2:27 pm

my2cents wrote:
Beast_04 wrote:

So he "personally verbally attacked " you for going on the field of play where you had absolutely no right or justifiable reason to be.  Translation, I went on the fied of another game in progress to get a ball which should have been left for a player to clear. For this the coach of that game chewed your ass out. By your own statement if it were anywhere else you would have resorted to physical violence. And you are chatising him???scratch  Too funny! Razz 

Yes, for being that way in front of the kids I am chastising him.  If we are two grown men in an area away from impressionable young minds, then it is game on, someone can say or do what ever they think they are big enough to back up.  The play was on the other side of the field, and as soon as it headed that direction I stopped and got off the field, and had no impact on play.  The way with which he approached me was more than just verbal.  And I see you go to the same school of language with him as you have to resort to using foul language as well in an environment where it does not belong.  Stay classy 2cents.

Beast_04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn on 8/8/2013, 6:27 pm

PPL posted this:

http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/PDF/Comp%20Forms/Byes_2014.pdf

foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn on 8/12/2013, 2:21 pm

Not sure if this is good, as I got it from the 03 group and the URL is http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/Qualifying_2009/schedules/ (notice the 2009), but the teams look right. Anyway for the U12/02B challenge:

Division A: Meja Humphrey, FCD West, Barcelona MSA, & AYSES Black
Division B: Saints, HPSA Scots, Blackhawks FC, & Azul United FC
Division C: TXLSSC Castro, FC Force ESS, DTxn North & DC United
Division D: North Texas United, Liverpool Shankly, Infinity FC & DTxn White Dallas
Division E: Liverpool Neal, FCD White, EFC & Dallas Rush

Looks like 20 teams playing for the 6 PPL2 spots, if that's still correct.

Thx,

foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 8/12/2013, 2:35 pm

foghornleghorn wrote:Not sure if this is good, as I got it from the 03 group and the URL is http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/Qualifying_2009/schedules/ (notice the 2009), but the teams look right.  Anyway for the U12/02B challenge:

Division A: Meja Humphrey, FCD West, Barcelona MSA, & AYSES Black
Division B: Saints, HPSA Scots, Blackhawks FC, & Azul United FC
Division C: TXLSSC Castro, FC Force ESS, DTxn North & DC United
Division D: North Texas United, Liverpool Shankly, Infinity FC & DTxn White Dallas
Division E: Liverpool Neal, FCD White, EFC & Dallas Rush

Looks like 20 teams playing for the 6 PPL2 spots, if that's still correct.

Thx,
maybe 7 spots open per the list I saw.

tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/12/2013, 7:01 pm

Yep, 7 spots. PPL outdid themselves by arbitrarily giving out byes to teams in PPL 2 and a team that did not play in the league, it appears.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn on 8/13/2013, 11:44 am

Hey snjn, where's that list you saw? The last one I could find seemed a bit out dated. Thx,

foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tlheldman on 8/18/2013, 10:30 pm

PPL BYE list

Div 1 Under 12B
AFC 02B West / Byrd
Amarillo Lightning 02B
Barcelona 02B
Continental 02B
FC Dallas 02B Black
Genesis 02B
Liverpool 02B Paisley
Meja Rangel 02B
Meja Williams 02B
NTX Strikers 02B White

Div 2 Under 12B
Andromeda 02B
GSSC Thunder 02B White
Liverpool 02B St. John

tlheldman
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Plano Premier

Post by Beast_04 on 8/18/2013, 11:40 pm

Based on the brackets from this weekend, it looks like it might end up like this:

Division 1
AFC 02B West / Byrd
Amarillo Lightning 02B
Barcelona 02B
Continental 02B
FC Dallas 02B Black
Genesis 02B
Liverpool 02B Paisley
Meja Rangel 02B
Meja Williams 02B
NTX Strikers 02B White

Division 2