TEXAS BOYS SOCCER FORUM

Visit the Girls Forum at:   www.txsoccer.net
** PLEASE START NEW THREADS WITH AGE GROUP **

Top posters

omega striker (3325)
 
go99 (3152)
 
finish1 (2137)
 
my2cents (1314)
 
Axxman (1105)
 
Laimport (1067)
 
soccerisgood123 (1057)
 
coachdom (1050)
 
Soccerinsanity (1050)
 
The German (1037)
 

April 2014

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

    Plano Premier

    Share

    snjn1ab

    Posts: 155
    Join date: 2012-04-11

    Plano Premier

    Post by snjn1ab on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

    Does Odyssey still have an 02 team?  I have not seen them around this summer after QT, and their website does not seem to list them (unless I missed it).

    Sprint

    Posts: 399
    Join date: 2011-03-21

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Sprint on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:07 pm

    snjn1ab wrote:Does Odyssey still have an 02 team?  I have not seen them around this summer after QT, and their website does not seem to list them (unless I missed it).


    I don't think so. It is my understanding the team split and the kids have landed on several different teams. A lot of good players that moved to teams and will help them out. I think some went to a D1 Classic Team and a few with Plano teams.


    tpitty

    Posts: 133
    Join date: 2010-03-25

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by tpitty on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 pm

    I dont see them either scratch 

    http://odyssey.cornerkicksystems.com/page/show/733743-select-teams

    And i guess the above reason is why. cheers 


    Last edited by tpitty on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The above poster has Chuck Norris typing skills.)

    socBall02

    Posts: 35
    Join date: 2013-06-05

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by socBall02 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm

    It was a big disappointment after they didn't make the QT. They should have won all three games, and made it to the next round. But confident was low, and not playing as a team killed their chance. I think it is mainly the coach to blame. Who should you fire when your team don't make the play off? The coach!

    snjn1ab

    Posts: 155
    Join date: 2012-04-11

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by snjn1ab on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm

    Thanks for sharing. That's a shame, because I thought that they had a lot of quality on that team. So, that means the top 5 teams (and 6 of the top 7) in PPL will not be returning. The PPL team that picked up the boys should be a strong one.

    Beast_04

    Posts: 29
    Join date: 2012-06-24
    Age: 40
    Location: Mesquite

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Beast_04 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:31 am

    Who was the coach of that team? Was it Paddy Gallagher? If so, the kids probably went to other teams because the parents probably got tired of watching him get into fights on the sidelines.

    my2cents

    Posts: 1314
    Join date: 2009-07-01

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by my2cents on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 am

    Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

    Number13

    Posts: 695
    Join date: 2010-08-24
    Location: Positively 4th Street

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Number13 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 am

    Cecil Noyce was the '02 boys coach. He seems a likable guy, sometimes the results don't fall in your favor and things fall apart.

    Rock&Goal

    Posts: 2
    Join date: 2013-07-31

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Rock&Goal on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 am

    Could not get enough players after several left. Players really liked the coach and were sad to go.

    tpitty

    Posts: 133
    Join date: 2010-03-25

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by tpitty on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:19 pm

    Rock&Goal wrote:Could not get enough players after several left. Players really liked the coach and were sad to go.

    That is unfortunate. They had a good squad.


    Last edited by tpitty on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Atrocious spelling and grammar...like honey boo boo)

    Maradona

    Posts: 194
    Join date: 2011-03-07

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Maradona on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 am

    socBall02 wrote:It was a big disappointment after they didn't make the QT. They should have won all three games, and made it to the next round. But confident was low, and not playing as a team killed their chance. I think it is mainly the coach to blame. Who should you fire when your team don't make the play off? The coach!    

    IMHO, systemic problem and not any specific coach. Look at club history on the boys side starting with 99s (same fate as 02s)....00s this year saw an exodus of players to other clubs...01s (don't have much info on them), 02s now gone, 03s (exception for now), 04s struggling with retention....time to root cause problem?.....my .02

    Number13

    Posts: 695
    Join date: 2010-08-24
    Location: Positively 4th Street

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Number13 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 am

    At some point most teams everywhere will likely have a setback (not make CL, fail to get a win in 6 or 7 games, get relegated, lose your best player who has stars in eyes, etc) and you will lose some kids. If you develop some very good players, the bigger clubs will try to get those players. If you are a small one-team (per age group) club that is not centrally located its difficult to replace players in those circumstances. That is just one of the realities of youth soccer in DFW. I doubt its a gypy's curse or anything nefarious.


    snjn1ab

    Posts: 155
    Join date: 2012-04-11

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by snjn1ab on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:35 pm

    Any insight as to the updated byes or the PPL QT registered teams?

    tpitty

    Posts: 133
    Join date: 2010-03-25

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by tpitty on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 pm

    snjn1ab wrote:Any insight as to the updated byes or the PPL QT registered teams?

    It is going to be a bid system for the byes. I sent a fruit basket and some Johnny Football "alleged" illegal autographs over there for top priority. Shocked


    Last edited by tpitty on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : He is innocent until proven guilty...sincerely Reveille)

    Beast_04

    Posts: 29
    Join date: 2012-06-24
    Age: 40
    Location: Mesquite

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Beast_04 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

    my2cents wrote:Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

    He personally verbally attacked me for trying to get the ball from our game off of the field where his team was playing, in front of the kids, including using profanity.  If he were to talk to me like that anywhere else he would have had difficulty talking at all for a while, but in front of the kids I turned the other cheek.  The ref actually ejected him from the game for cursing at me and the ref in front of the kids.  Just may have never happened at your BB games.

    my2cents

    Posts: 1314
    Join date: 2009-07-01

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by my2cents on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am

    Beast_04 wrote:
    my2cents wrote:Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

    He personally verbally attacked me for trying to get the ball from our game off of the field where his team was playing, in front of the kids, including using profanity.  If he were to talk to me like that anywhere else he would have had difficulty talking at all for a while, but in front of the kids I turned the other cheek.  The ref actually ejected him from the game for cursing at me and the ref in front of the kids.  Just may have never happened at your BB games.

    So he "personally verbally attacked " you for going on the field of play where you had absolutely no right or justifiable reason to be. Translation, I went on the fied of another game in progress to get a ball which should have been left for a player to clear. For this the coach of that game chewed your ass out. By your own statement if it were anywhere else you would have resorted to physical violence. And you are chatising him???scratch  Too funny! Razz 

    Beast_04

    Posts: 29
    Join date: 2012-06-24
    Age: 40
    Location: Mesquite

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by Beast_04 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:27 pm

    my2cents wrote:
    Beast_04 wrote:
    my2cents wrote:Fights? Heard of one altercation last year. In the 6 years my son played for him I never saw even one fight.

    He personally verbally attacked me for trying to get the ball from our game off of the field where his team was playing, in front of the kids, including using profanity.  If he were to talk to me like that anywhere else he would have had difficulty talking at all for a while, but in front of the kids I turned the other cheek.  The ref actually ejected him from the game for cursing at me and the ref in front of the kids.  Just may have never happened at your BB games.

    So he "personally verbally attacked " you for going on the field of play where you had absolutely no right or justifiable reason to be.  Translation, I went on the fied of another game in progress to get a ball which should have been left for a player to clear. For this the coach of that game chewed your ass out. By your own statement if it were anywhere else you would have resorted to physical violence. And you are chatising him???scratch  Too funny! Razz 

    Yes, for being that way in front of the kids I am chastising him.  If we are two grown men in an area away from impressionable young minds, then it is game on, someone can say or do what ever they think they are big enough to back up.  The play was on the other side of the field, and as soon as it headed that direction I stopped and got off the field, and had no impact on play.  The way with which he approached me was more than just verbal.  And I see you go to the same school of language with him as you have to resort to using foul language as well in an environment where it does not belong.  Stay classy 2cents.

    foghornleghorn

    Posts: 75
    Join date: 2012-07-23

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by foghornleghorn on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm

    PPL posted this:

    http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/PDF/Comp%20Forms/Byes_2014.pdf

    foghornleghorn

    Posts: 75
    Join date: 2012-07-23

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by foghornleghorn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:21 pm

    Not sure if this is good, as I got it from the 03 group and the URL is http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/Qualifying_2009/schedules/ (notice the 2009), but the teams look right. Anyway for the U12/02B challenge:

    Division A: Meja Humphrey, FCD West, Barcelona MSA, & AYSES Black
    Division B: Saints, HPSA Scots, Blackhawks FC, & Azul United FC
    Division C: TXLSSC Castro, FC Force ESS, DTxn North & DC United
    Division D: North Texas United, Liverpool Shankly, Infinity FC & DTxn White Dallas
    Division E: Liverpool Neal, FCD White, EFC & Dallas Rush

    Looks like 20 teams playing for the 6 PPL2 spots, if that's still correct.

    Thx,

    tpitty

    Posts: 133
    Join date: 2010-03-25

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by tpitty on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

    foghornleghorn wrote:Not sure if this is good, as I got it from the 03 group and the URL is http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/Qualifying_2009/schedules/ (notice the 2009), but the teams look right.  Anyway for the U12/02B challenge:

    Division A: Meja Humphrey, FCD West, Barcelona MSA, & AYSES Black
    Division B: Saints, HPSA Scots, Blackhawks FC, & Azul United FC
    Division C: TXLSSC Castro, FC Force ESS, DTxn North & DC United
    Division D: North Texas United, Liverpool Shankly, Infinity FC & DTxn White Dallas
    Division E: Liverpool Neal, FCD White, EFC & Dallas Rush

    Looks like 20 teams playing for the 6 PPL2 spots, if that's still correct.

    Thx,
    maybe 7 spots open per the list I saw.

    snjn1ab

    Posts: 155
    Join date: 2012-04-11

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by snjn1ab on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:01 pm

    Yep, 7 spots. PPL outdid themselves by arbitrarily giving out byes to teams in PPL 2 and a team that did not play in the league, it appears.

    foghornleghorn

    Posts: 75
    Join date: 2012-07-23

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by foghornleghorn on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 am

    Hey snjn, where's that list you saw? The last one I could find seemed a bit out dated. Thx,

    tlheldman

    Posts: 1
    Join date: 2011-09-07

    Re: Plano Premier

    Post by tlheldman on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

    PPL BYE list

    Div 1 Under 12B
    AFC 02B West / Byrd
    Amarillo Lightning 02B
    Barcelona 02B
    Continental 02B
    FC Dallas 02B Black
    Genesis 02B
    Liverpool 02B Paisley
    Meja Rangel 02B
    Meja Williams 02B
    NTX Strikers 02B White

    Div 2 Under 12B
    Andromeda 02B
    GSSC Thunder 02B White
    Liverpool 02B St. John

    Beast_04

    Posts: 29
    Join date: 2012-06-24
    Age: 40
    Location: Mesquite

    Plano Premier

    Post by Beast_04 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:40 pm

    Based on the brackets from this weekend, it looks like it might end up like this:

    Division 1
    AFC 02B West / Byrd
    Amarillo Lightning 02B
    Barcelona 02B
    Continental 02B
    FC Dallas 02B Black
    Genesis 02B
    Liverpool 02B Paisley
    Meja Rangel 02B
    Meja Williams 02B
    NTX Strikers 02B White


    Division 2
    Andromeda
    GSSC Thunder 02B White
    Liverpool St. John
    FCD West
    Azul United
    DTxn North
    Liverpool Shankley
    FCD White
    EFC
    HPSA Scots

    Division 3
    AYSES Black
    TXLSSC 02B Castro
    Barcelona MSA
    FC Force ESS
    North Texas United
    Infinity FC
    Dallas Rush 02B Rush
    DTxn White Dallas
    Saints
    Blackhawks FC

    Division 4
    Meja Humprhrey
    Liverpool Neal
    DC United
    Clockwork 02B
    Cosmos 02B Black
    Fusion 02B
    High Plains Drifters 02B
    Inter Stars United 02B
    Boca Juniors

      Current date/time is Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 pm