Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Copa Qualifier 11/15-17

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Copa Qualifier 11/15-17

Post by stangs on 11/6/2013, 8:17 pm

Looks like a great lineup, any predictions?

1 PST
2 Andromeda
3 Lake Highlands
4 Wizards

stangs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa Qualifier 11/15-17

Post by Rayos Soccer Club on 11/9/2013, 1:14 pm

It's hard to make predictions I would think because we don't know much about all of the teams at such and early age. I'm familiar with half of the teams playing but I'm clueless about the rest. I wish luck to all of them and we shall see! Maybe an underdog not listed on the 4teams above could surprise many of us.

Rayos Soccer Club
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 2:41 am

I want to say espn did a great job. I think they definelty did the right thing by Compting PST the same offer the champion would have gotten which is the automatic bid for the tournament in April without having to pay. They tried their hardest after seeing the player protested had actually been sanctioned and played more than 4 of PST's previous won tournaments. Thankfully ESPN tried for 3 hours in trying to explain that these kids are 6 and that the player clearly did show he had played previously with PST for more than 4 tournaments, But the andromeda coach wouldn't let it go, he probably still has a grudge that for the 3 previous seasons his teams had been undefeated up to the last game of the season where then he would plays salazars PST teams who have always beat his teams in the threes previous seasons to win the league. I think what helped all us parents from being upset was when the ESPN coordinator said you guys earned it today based on your scores today and it's only fair we give PST the automatic spot for the tournament in April. Thank you espn! Goodluck to the texans who were in our group and had a good team with good skillful players.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 11/17/2013, 11:08 am

Care to explain what happened?
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

The Future

Post by recruiter on 11/17/2013, 11:38 am

There's also our side of the story but this shouldn't continue.

We wish the best for you, your players and families. Let's end this and show good sportsmanship all around. We will be seeing each other a lot for the next 11 years. We all need to set a good example for the kids and the community.

You have an awesome team and obviously you and your players have much ahead for the future.
recruiter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 12:13 pm

Id love to hear the other side because one coaches personal vengeance took away something that innocent 6 year olds earned. Nothing was worse then telling them they had been DQ'd because a coach hates them so bad that he didn't want them to win. They made us wait for two hours and even volkens wife was apologizing for what they had done and she said they'd sign the release and take back everything but clearly this is one mans arrogance that destroyed the hopes of 6 year olds because after making us wait they changed their minds once they made the semis. The tournament directors got it right after all the proof was shown I'll leave it at that. I think we are the only team that has ever been DQ'd that got the same thing the champion gets, and that by itself I think tells the true story of what really happened.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stangs on 11/17/2013, 12:20 pm

Everyone should relax, they are only six, half these kids won't even be playing serious soccer in 10 years

stangs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 12:28 pm

Stangs I agree with you on the they are six year olds. I don't understand why one team goes and protest on another team that wasn't even playing them or would have played them up until the finals. They are 6 six year olds for crying out loud. No 6 year old that won all 3 games should be crying all night because a coach they didn't even play wanted them out. They are 6 for crying out loud seriously. It amazes me how someone could do that to 6 year olds.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stangs on 11/17/2013, 1:01 pm

Agreed- it's not like they are under contract, that doesn't happen until select. We played PST yesterday and they have a great team from front to back, the championship matters much less than playing good teams and getting better, win or lose.

stangs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 1:10 pm

Exactly. This is why Pst wasn't mad because the three games they played they played against good solid opposition and I'm sure every kid yesterday got better from playing other great solid players, I just wish we could have played the other teams. But apparently these kids at 6 are under contract and that's why we got DQ'd. It's crazy but all 3 teams the texans, wizards, and Lake Highlands were fun exciting games and being part of group c was a lot of fun. Good luck to the teams still in it, it's funny because PST feeds into andromeda so I'm sure when both club presidents talk on Monday and they hear what happened over 6 year olds one club president won't be happy and I can tell you the PST one can't wait to make the call.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 1:51 pm

See what upsets me is that we would have played the thunder who looks like a fantastic team and we missed out on playing great competition like that for someone who wouldn't have played either team until the final. It does not make sense. But that's it I'll let it go. Texans had a great team so that game must have been very exciting. I wish I could have seen lake highlands vs the texans both those teams were very good and I heard the game was intense. Also the wizards had many good players to.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/17/2013, 2:00 pm

I also think what chad is doing down at lake highlands is fantastic. I've had a chance to see this team grow since the summer when they where whooping teams at our indoor, and they gave us a great game. I was happy to see Owen who is a fantastic kid hit that amazing pk against us, his dad Scott is awesome and chad has always did everything to help me and our team out. And I think that's what this should be about. Two very competitive teams that at the end only gain so much more than a win at the end of the game. I think many people didn't know they went undefeated in SDL as well and that's a huge accomplishment considering this was all kids from the same neighborhood.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChompyTeeth on 11/17/2013, 2:24 pm

I normally would not put my 2 cents in... However, it appears to me that everyone involved in this drama is an asshead... And that is with a capital ASSHEAD. Re-evaluate your priorities. These are 6 year olds and soccer is a game. Of course we ALL want to win... But is this the way we want to teach these kids to win. PST and Andromeda could have met in the championship and it could have been an epic battle between 6 year olds playing for the love of the game. In my estimate... Coaching insecurities won this battle and the kids lost.

ChompyTeeth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Dad on 11/17/2013, 9:42 pm

If you are going to use non-rostered players and not have the proper paperwork, you are setting an example that you are above the rules. Look your team is fantastic, and frankly the non-rostered players wouldn't have mattered, but its against the rules. Trying to frame this as woe is me is pretty comical. You knew what you were doing. If it happens at U7 one can only imagine how it will progress.

Not to mention what you did in PSA. Bringing down your top tiered SDL players, to play only against Andros "B" team was pretty baffling, but it's all about the kids right??? No, not so much.

07Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 1:51 am

That comment makes no sense when my PSA team had only 3 of my SDL kids as where his andromeda team had at least 5 From his SDL team, and in 3 games still could not beat my team, never even took the lead all season agaisnt that team. It's ok I remeber the first time meeting volkan last year when we played him for psa, I went up and introduced myself to him and this is what he said to me "you can't even bring enough kids to the reschedule" and walked away without shaking my hand, pst played short to his tfc team and beat them 7-0 and won the league. That's as far as I remeber this whole thing starting. It's okay at the end of the day andromeda was worried about Pst and shouldn't have even been worried about them and instead should have focused on playing soccer. Great job thunder! I wish we could have played them. I wish I could show 07 dad the private messages I've been getting from volkens wife trying to apologize. It's okay after it happened things played out and it looks like the protest wouldn't have mattered, same outcome for andromeda. I wish you guys nothing but the best and if you really think I have to use my SDL kids a to beat Andromedas "b" team , id love to set up a scrimmage where all 4 teams can play against each other. Both teams can play at the same time so I'm not using my so called top tier SDL kids against his "b " team. we have an indoor facility, I'd be willing to offer both of volkens teams free registration for winter leagues if they really think im cheating. I have no problem with you guys but I can't say you guys feel the same about us.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 1:57 am

Btw the player was on the roster but they said volken protested he couldn't be under contract with 2 clubs at the age of 6. Espn tried everything to help us after finding out the player protested had played more than 4 tournaments with PST since April of this year.!

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 2:34 am

I think everyone agrees that the kids are 6, if I cared about winning so much my boys wouldn't constantly play up 06 tournaments where we don't have the same scorelines as we have in 07. We were going to play up until we saw the teams playing in the tournament, it looked like a great line up and we had 3 great games and it's a shame we couldn't finish, we could have played 2 more great teams. This was done because the only kid from andromeda to have scored on PST from his top team has been playing with PST in tournaments. Since April Volken knew santi had been playing with Pst and it was never in issue until both his undefeated teams lost to PST in the leagues. It's done and over and I think things worked out fine for us, and for the rest of the boys and the tournament turned out great despite the drama over 6 year old kids playing soccer. I wish every team a great winter league season and good luck to all the teams.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Dad on 11/18/2013, 7:53 am

Listen, in my opinion this is about following the rules. You have a great team. Best 07 bunch out there as far as I'm concerned. However, I have seen in both PSA and this past weekend your regard for the rules doesn't seem to matter. You can come on here and try to spin it however you want. We both know at PSA you pulled down players that hadn't played and weren't rostered for a PSA game. Then the same thing happens this weekend.

Just because you guys are a great team, you are not above the rules. There is no animosity here. You guys can and do beat both of our teams, it's not a big deal. You play a very nice style which is fun to watch. You will go on to win tons more games and tournaments, but you must follow the rules like everyone else.

07Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CoachPaul on 11/18/2013, 7:54 am

First, hats off to the U90C Management Group for running a great tournament and it sounds like they handled this situation about as well as they could.  The Tournament Director, Dawn, did an amazing job.  I can tell you she worked very hard to put this all together including adding my team just a few days before to have the right amount of teams.  I can't thank Dawn and her team enough for adding us and being very accommodating throughout the process.

My little neighborhood Frisco rec team had an absolute blast.  We opened against Andromeda never having played outside of our Frisco league.  We played our first tournament, played our first  academy team, played with and against goalies for the first time (never played more than 5v5), played with a number of new rules like offsides, and added 4 new players who have never played with us to have enough kids (a couple of whom hadn't played soccer in a few years).  My favorite line was when I asked one of my new kids to pass up to Sam, he turned to me and said "coach, I have absolutely no idea who Sam, is!" - LOL

Andromeda beat us 7-0 in the opener, but we got better each half for the most part.  We scored 3 goals in the 2nd half of the 2nd game which got our parents excited enough to start doing the wave.

I did have an opportunity to see PST playing before our 3rd game and I have to say they were an awesome team, they would have been tough for anyone to beat.  I'm not going to get into any of the above as my boys are just 6, our two goals were to have fun and get better as a team by playing some of the best teams in Texas - mission accomplished.

Again, thanks to Dawn, Monte, the U90C team, and the Copa ESPN crew (including the refs) for a fantastic Saturday.  

Coach Paul
Dragons (Frisco Soccer Association)

Last edited by CoachPaul on 11/18/2013, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CoachPaul
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 8:02 am

CoachPaul I couldn't agree more, dawn was so nice and handled the situation amazingly and tried her hardest to help us. U90c had a fantastic tournament. Hopefully some of the same teams sign up for the tournament in December.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 8:17 am

07Dad I don't have to spin it anyway, we know what happened was due to one mans ego and don't say players! You guys paid $100 to protest the 1 player who no longer wanted to play for you guys and then felt bad after everyone found out what happened and then his wife spent the rest of the day yesterday trying to get a hold of me while her husband was at the fields. I don't feel bad at all because what we did was not wrong and innocent 6 year old kids were heart broken and one single player was singled out and at 6 he had to sit there while dawn told us we were DQ'd because his pass card still was to andromeda and he played with PST. His response was "I just want to play with my friends". I care for every single player I coach and when someone hurts them I'm not going to be happy. But I'm done with you guys and I'll let our club presidents talk about this situation. Good luck to you guys and that offer for the winter league is still open for y'all.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by u309247 on 11/18/2013, 8:19 am

TMT7 - aka PSt Coach,

I am a dad who has multiple kids that have been able to enjoy the sport of soccer and advance throughout the years. I was fortunate enough to be at the SDL game seeing my son was playing at the same time next to the Andro vs PST game. I was also present at the same park for your public melt down this weekend when you were caught Saturday. I do not have a dog in this fight but let me shed some light on the situation to help you out a bit in the future.

1. On this soccer forum, you are not supposed to use kids names or numbers for their safety.

2. When you use guest players, and it appears you do, you need to have them dropped from their current roster and added to yours. It would probably help you if you had a file with birth certificates and players cards on hand. That responsibility lies with you the coach, your manager, and the players parents. My experience as a parent has been the coach will be happy to honor the parents wishes. My guess is there is alot more of a story in regards to why the parents wouldn't ask when you know you are playing the same tournament and could see the result from a mile away. Andro coach, did the right thing whether you will admit it or not by turning you in. It's called integrity. It's also called protecting the field from cases like this so the games are played fare. Parents traveled to this tournament from all over and spent a lot of money for the experience for their kids. You tainted pool play by your actions or lack there of. Is that in the best interest of 6/7 year old soccer? Is it fair to all the other 6/7 year olds that do not have PST on their jerseys? All you have stated above is how much winning means and you will do it at any cost - if anyone is smart enough to read between the lines of your posts.

3. You main objective right now should be fostering a love for the sport in your kids. Giving them the tools to get better and be a role model. At the SDL game and Saturday, you showed - in front of the kids - how immature you are. The kids are watching you every time they are around you. Remember that it's a key for success to lead the right way. The way you and your manager acted was frankly quite shocking. If your manager is the problem, get rid of him.

4. If you are a good soccer coach, admit youre in the wrong and quit smearing peoples names and learn from it. When you get DQ'd from a tournament - you were found to be in the wrong. You can come post on a public forum and blame everyone else but at the end of the day maybe a little self reflection would help and you can learn from this and stay out of the situation in the future.

I hope some of these parents take a good hard look at you and what you stand for before they sign up to play for you. I for one would never let any of my kids play for you just on your actions alone. You may be a nice guy but I would rather have my kids growing up playing by the rules of life and have all the life skills to accomplish anything they want. Winning a 6/7 year old soccer game I hope would not be their defining moment in life or I failed miserably as a parent. Maybe for you being a coach, that is a defining moment.

I think you are in for a long road right now because Im sure there are going to be parents writing ESPN soccer tournament folks demanding that you not be allowed to move on because of your actions. After all your team didn't qualify for anything and left with zero points. The kids that played by the rules should all be allowed in prior to a team that bent the rules. Im sure it wont stop there, you are going to have parents contacting PST, SDL, PSA and NTSA. All in all I think you just opened a can for yourself and how you handle it all and your actions going forward will determine your soccer coaching future and which road it goes.

I wish you the best of luck in the future and I hope you learned your lesson this weekend and grow from it as a coach, mentor and person.

u309247
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 8:32 am

I don't think you know who I am at all or the kids that I coach or the ages. I have teams from beginners to some of the most advance at all ages and I started off with maybe 5 kids in February and now possibly will be coaching over 200 in the spring and you can go ask any parent who has had their kid with me and ill guarantee you that they will all say I was their kids favorite coach. I care for all my players and no one knows the things that have gone on. After the SDL game a andromeda parent with the coach came behind my manager and yelled trash at his face in the parking lot, the parents of the player protested even asked to just sit the kid if we played andromeda because they did not want any issues. Everyone can have an opinion but maybe see some of the other teams the coach has before going crazy about winning. I had a team in psa that lost multiple times to andromeda and I never threw one fit. I think oglesby, the coach of the Liverpool barnes team, and any of the top 06 team coaches will tell you I don't care about losing. The games I've enjoyed most was playing those great teams because our boys gain so much from it. I had 3 06 teams I was coaching in the psa and some of them took so bad losses, but you know what every kid grew a bunch from the beginning of the season and that's what matters. My reputation around Dallas is a great one especially in the Jesuit/highland park area where I spend a lot of time volunteering and helping coach. Go ask any parent that belongs to PST what the club motto is and what do they think of me. Thanks I wish your son luck as well.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMT7 on 11/18/2013, 8:36 am

If I cared about winning I would not have tried to register my team for the 06 D1 SDL division. They told us that it was to late and now they have agreed to let us play up. So clearly winning is not my main goal, having these boys grow as players is what is important.

TMT7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo123 on 11/18/2013, 8:54 am

My kid plays on the 07 PST team.We are a tight knit group and winning at all cost is not our motto.Our kids and parents love our coach and wouldn't trade him for anyone . Let's all move on.

Enzo123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum